UVM Libraries are delighted to announce that we have added OverDrive to our offerings. OverDrive is likely familiar to you from your public library, and will allow you to check out e-books or audiobooks either online, via your browser, or offline, via OverDrive’s Libby app.
One of the most exciting things about OverDrive is that you can have multiple accounts for each of your library memberships, and you can access all of them via the same Libby app – giving you access to far more books than from any one library.
Please see the Libraries’ OverDrive guide for information on how to get started, and on how to join our local library – the Fletcher Free Library in Burlington. UVM students, staff and faculty are eligible to join.
Things to know:
- You must use the UVM Libraries’ OverDrive link or Libby to find our collection
- Our budget for OverDrive books is small
- UVM’s collection will focus on audiobooks, popular reading, e-books of any type that are unavailable elsewhere, and accessible e-books
- Local public libraries in Vermont have much bigger OverDrive collections that you can also use
- You can request new titles for UVM’s collection using the request forms on the Howe and Dana library sites – just add a note in the Special Instructions that it is an OverDrive request
- You can get the Libby app from the Libraries’ OverDrive guide OR you can read the e-books online via your browser