On Thursday, August 31st the Bailey/Howe Library will be celebrating the opening of the new bridge connection from the Bailey/Howe to the new first-year residence hall. The bridge will connect the Library’s H. Lawrence McCrorey Gallery and Media Resources to the new residence hall and dining facility. In addition to the bridge, the Library has also gained an extra 2,350 square feet where Media Resources will have their new service point and Multimedia Lab, as well as study spaces for student use.
The new bridge and addition also provide:
- All new furniture, seating, and study areas on the first floor of the Library
- A new space for Media Resources, which includes expanded video and design equipment, and a new area for the Mac Lab where students can create and edit multimedia projects and utilize new viewing booths
- Direct connection to first-year students
- Enhanced visibility for the H. Lawrence McCrorey Gallery’s multi-cultural art collection
- A view of the new addition from added windows on the second floor of the Library