Music & Other Recordings
CDs with: Lane, Burton
- A night at the Village Vanguard.
- Disc 1. A night in Tunisia / Dizzy Gillespie, Frank Paparelli (8:16) -- I've got you under my skin / Cole Porter (10:03) -- A night in Tunisia (evening take) / Dizzy Gillespie, Frank Paparelli (9:03) -- Softly as in a morning sunrise (alternate take) / Oscar Hammerstein II, Sigmund Romberg (6:43) -- Four / Miles Davis (8:26) -- Introduction (:20) -- Woody 'n' you / Dizzy Gillespie (8:29) -- Introduction (:36) -- Old devil moon / Burton Lane, E.Y. Harburg (8:19) -- Disc 2. What is this thing called love / Cole Porter (14:03) -- Softly as in a morning sunrise / Oscar Hammerstein II, Sigmund Romberg (8:03) -- Sonnymoon for two / Sonny Rollins (8:46) -- I can't get started / Vernon Duke, Ira Gershwin (4:54) -- I'll remember April / Don Raye, Gene DePaul, Pat Johnston (9:20) -- Get happy / Harold Arlen, Ted Koehler (9:08) -- Striver's row / Sonny Rollins (5:59) -- All the things you are / Oscar Hammerstein II, Jerome Kern (6:46) -- Get happy (short version) / Harold Arlen, Ted Koehler (4:38).
- CD 2177
- Alan Jay Lerner.
- Almost like being in love (Robert Goulet and Sally Ann Howes) -- How could you believe me when I said I loved you when you know I've been a liar all my life / Burton Lane (Fred Astaire and Jane Powell) -- The heather on the hill (The Hi-Los) -- I could have danced all night (Julie Andrews) -- On the street where you live (Vic Damone) -- I remember it well (Maurice Chevalier and Hermione Gingold) -- Gigi. Gaston's soliloquy (Louis Jourdan) -- A toujours (Gogi Grant) -- How can I wait? (Julie Andrews) -- They call the wind Maria (John Raitt) -- Come to me, bend to me (Andy Williams) -- If ever I would leave you (Robert Goulet) -- How to handle a woman (Richard Burton) -- Here I'll stay / Kurt Weill (Felicia Sanders) -- I've grown accustomed to her face (Nat "King" Cole) -- Oh, come to the ball / Alan Jay Lerner [i.e. Frederick Loewe] (Alan Jay Lerner) -- What did I have that I don't have? / Burton Lane (Barbara Harris) -- Too late now / Burton Lane (Marilyn Maye) -- I'm glad I'm not young anymore (Alfred Drake) -- One more walk around the garden (Jackie and Roy) -- On a clear day / Burton Lane (Barbra Streisand).
- CD 1858
- Beyond the rainbow / lyrics by E.Y. Harburg.
- Oz medley: Munchkinland ; Ding-dong! the witch is dead / Harold Arlen (4:35) -- Never bedevil the devil / Jacques Offenbach ; arr. Gorney, DeCormier (1:49) -- The Peter Pan of Tin Pan Alley (1:05) ; Fun to be fooled (4:22) / H. Arlen -- Who do you kiss goodnight? / Jay Gorney (2:25) -- More and more / Jerome Kern (4:29) -- Let's forget tomorrow tonight / Maria Grever (2:31) -- If I only had / H. Arlen (4:25) -- Cause you won't play house / Morgan Lewis (3:07) -- An extra little shilling / Jule Styne (2:39) -- Brother! just laugh it off! / Ralph Rainger & Arthur Schwartz (2:31) -- Take my song / Igor Borganoff (3:10) -- Hot moonlight / J. Gorney (3:08) -- It's only a paper moon / H. Arlen (2:59) -- Brother, can you spare a dime? / J. Gorney (5:28) -- If every day were Valentine's Day / Sammy Fain (2:27) -- Thrill me / Lewis Gensler (3:36) -- Lydia, the tattooed lady / H. Arlen (3:27) -- Thank you Columbus (2:27) ; When I'm not near the girl I love (2:53) / Burton Lane -- Suddenly / Vernon Duke (3:02) -- Rainbow medley: Look to the rainbow / B. Lane ; I've got a rainbow working for me (early version) / J. Styne ; Over the rainbow / H. Arlen (9:08).
- CD 1945
- Finian's rainbow : original Broadway cast recording / music by Burton Lane ; lyrics by E.Y. Harburg.
- Overture -- This time of the year -- How are things in Glocca Morra? -- Look to the rainbow -- Old Devil moon -- Something sort of grandish -- If this isn't love -- Necessity -- That great come-and-get-it day -- When the idle poor become the idle rich -- The begat -- When I'm not near the girl I love -- Finale -- Bonus tracks. Yip Harburg talks and sings: How are things in Glocca Morra ; When I'm not near the girl I love ; Don't pass me by.
- CD 2897
- The quintessential Billie Holiday. Volume VI, 1938 / Billie Holiday.
- You go to my head / Haven Gillespie, J. Fred Coots (2:52) -- The moon looks down and laughs / Burt Kalmar, Sid Silvers, Harry Ruby (2:54) -- If I were you / Buddy Bernier, Bob Emmerich (2:34) -- Forget if you can / Jack Manus, Ken Upham, Leonard Joy (2:49) -- Having myself a time / Leo Robin, Ralph Rainger (2:29) -- Says my heart / Frank Loesser, Burt Lane (2:49) -- I wish I had you / Bud Green, Al Stillman, Claude Thornhill (2:47) -- I'm gonna lock my heart (and throw away the key) / Jim Eaton, Terry Shand (2:07) -- The very thought of you / Ray Noble (2:44) -- I can't get started / Ira Gershwin, Vernon Duke (2:46) -- I've got a date with a dream / Mack Gordon, Harry Revel (2:42) -- You can't be mine (and someone else's too) / J.C. Johnson, Chick Webb (2:20) -- Everybody's laughing / Sammy Lerner, Ben Oakland (3:02) -- Here it is tomorrow again / Patrick Gibbons, Roy Ringwald (2:44) -- Say it with a kiss / Johnny Mercer, Harry Warren (2:33) -- April in my heart / Helen Meinardi, Hoagy Carmichael (3:05) -- I'll never fail you / Irv Taylor, Victor Mizzy (2:58) -- They say / Edward Heyman, Paul Mann, Stephen Weiss (3:10).
- CD 1530