Not sure where to start? View Not sure where to start?
- Looking for articles? Try Academic Search Premier
- Looking for background information? Try Gale Virtual Reference or Oxford Reference
- Looking for more information about your subject area? Try our subject guides
Theatre Clear filter(s)
- View DescriptionArt full textThis resource includes articles and images on a wide variety of topics relating to art, art history, architecture, design, and film and media studies published in scholarly and professional journals.
- Arts & humanities through the eras
- View DescriptionBerg fashion libraryThis resource is a searchable portal to integrated text and image content on world dress and fashion throughout history. It covers all aspects of clothing, dress, fashion, and textiles around the world. It contains the Berg Encyclopedia of World Dress and Fashion, fashion and costume dictionaries, and e-books. It provides selected images from the encyclopedia and selected museum collections in the U.S. and abroad.
- View DescriptionBibliography of medieval civilisationThis resource includes information about books published about historical periods from 300 to 1500. Use it to locate citations to books on Medieval history, literature, art, and culture.
- View DescriptionCambridge histories onlineThis resource provides access to in-depth, scholarly histories on a wide variety of topics in U.S. and world history, and the history of specific disciplines. Full-text content is available for each title and many titles comprise multiple volumes.
- Cambridge history of American theatre
- Cambridge history of British theatre
- View DescriptionCommunications & mass media collectionThis resource is a database that supports research on all aspects of the communications field, including, but not restricted to, journalism; mass media; advertising; public relations; literature and writing; linguistics; and discourse analysis. It includes scholarly journals, magazines, and news sources. It contains citations, some with links to full text.
- Concise Oxford companion to the theatre
- Contemporary fashion
- View DescriptionContemporary literary criticismPart of Gale's Literature Criticism series, this resource is a searchable database of full-length or excerpted criticism of works in all literary genres and biographical information about significant fiction and nonfiction writers and filmmakers worldwide now living or who died after December 31,1999. It presents a range of modern and historical views on writers and their works.
- View DescriptionDictionary of literary biographyThis resource is a searchable database of literary biographies written by recognized literary scholars and critics, profiling past and present authors, historians, journalists, screenwriters, publishers, and playwrights worldwide from every era.
- Dictionary of media and communication
- View DescriptionDigital theatre+This resource is a British-based collection of high-definition streaming videos which captures live full-length professional theatre productions from leading theatre companies primarily in Great Britain. It also includes text- and video-based study guides; teaching aids; videos of filmed interviews with actors, etc., associated with the productions; full-text of the Manga Shakespeare series.
- View DescriptionDrama criticismPart of Gale's Literature Criticism series, this resource is a searchable database of full-length or excerpted criticism of plays and biographical information about significant dramatists worldwide from all eras. It presents a range of modern and historical views on dramatists and their works.
- View DescriptionGodey's lady's bookThis resource provides full access to Godey’s Lady’s Book (1830-1898), one of the most influential U.S. women's magazines of that era. Alongside articles concerning all aspects of the domestic sphere, the magazine includes patterns for handcrafts, color plates of the latest fashions, literary works, song lyrics, and sheet music.
- View DescriptionHumanities & social sciences index retrospectiveThis resource is an international index to journals in the humanities and social sciences. It contains citations to articles, book reviews, film reviews (limited), theater reviews, and poems. A very limited number of citations include full text. This is a good resource for tracing the history of scholarship on a humanities or social sciences topic.
- View DescriptionInternational bibliography of theatre & danceThis resource is a major international index to works on theatre, dance, and other performing arts. It contains citations to journal articles, books, book chapters, reviews, and dissertations. Many citations have links to full-text articles.
- View DescriptionInternational medieval bibliographyThis resource is an index of citations to articles on Medieval history and culture in Europe, the Middle East and North Africa from 300 to 1500. It includes information about articles published worldwide.
- View DescriptionIter bibliographyThis resource is a multidisciplinary index to journal articles, books, essays in books, book reviews, and dissertations pertaining to all aspects of the Middle Ages (the medieval period) and Renaissance (400-1700).
- View DescriptionJSTORThis resource is a searchable multidisciplinary database of the full content of archival issues of scholarly journals. Issues published within the last 3-5 years are generally not covered. It also provides citations to books and pamphlets provided by JSTOR in digital format.
- View DescriptionKanopy streaming videoThis resource is a platform for streaming video, including feature films and documentaries from around the world. Faculty note: please contact Multimedia Services if you need Kanopy videos for teaching, as access varies over time.
- View DescriptionLiterature criticismThis resource is a searchable database of full-length or excerpted criticism of works in all literary genres and biographical information about significant writers and filmmakers worldwide from all eras. It presents a range of modern and historical views on writers and their works. This is the main interface for cross-searching seven Gale literary resources.
- View DescriptionLiterature resource centerThis database contains biographical profiles of significant writers worldwide from all eras and literary genres. It also includes full-length or excerpted literary criticism articles and book reviews from scholarly journals and magazines, book chapters, and reference books. It also includes overviews of literary topics and work overviews (plots, themes, characters).
- View DescriptionMLA international bibliographyThis is a comprehensive index for research works on world literatures, literary theory, linguistics, rhetoric and composition, folklore, and the dramatic arts. It contains citations (some with links to full text) to articles in scholarly journals and magazines, books, book chapters, and dissertations.
- View DescriptionOxford African American studies centerThis resource is a portal to full-text scholarly sources (biographies, encyclopedias, companions, primary sources), images and maps about African Americans, African American life and culture, and Africa and the diaspora.
- Oxford Companion to American Theatre
- Oxford companion to Shakespeare
- Oxford companion to the American musical
- Oxford dictionary of original Shakespearean pronunciation
- Oxford dictionary of plays
- Oxford encyclopedia of theatre and performance
- Oxford music online
- View DescriptionOxford referenceThis resource provides access to an extensive set of dictionaries and encyclopedias from Oxford University Press, spanning a variety of different subject areas.
- View DescriptionPerforming arts periodicals databaseThis resource is an international index to magazines, scholarly and trade journals pertaining to the performing arts, and extending to stagecraft, circus performance, opera, pantomime, puppetry, performance art, comedy, storytelling, and magic. It contains citations to articles, book reviews, performance reviews, obituaries, and biographical profiles.
- View DescriptionProject MuseThis resource is a searchable multidisciplinary full-text database of scholarly journals primarily in the arts, humanities, and social sciences. Issues published prior to the last 15-20 years are generally not covered. It also provides citations to books provided by Project Muse in digital format.
- View DescriptionTimes literary supplement historical archive (formerly TLS historical archive)This resource is a searchable database of cover-to-cover, full-text content of the Times Literary Supplement (TLS) since 1902. Previous 5 years unavailable.
- TLS historical archive (see Times literary supplement historical archive)
- View DescriptionTwentieth-century literary criticismPart of Gale's Literature Criticism series, this resource is a searchable database of full-length or excerpted criticism of works in all literary genres and biographical information about significant fiction and nonfiction writers and filmmakers worldwide who died between 1900 and 1999. It presents a range of modern and historical views on writers and their works.
- View DescriptionVogue archiveThis archive contains full issues of Vogue magazine from the first issue in 1892 to the current month. The archive is indexed and can be searched by photographer, fashion item (kimono, scoop neckline, Breton jacket), person pictured, company/brand, designer name, or material (chiffon, wool, taffeta).
- View DescriptionWorld Shakespeare bibliography onlineThis resource provides annotated entries for all important books, articles, book reviews, dissertations, film and theatrical productions published or produced worldwide from 1960 to the present; reviews of productions; audiovisual materials; and other scholarly and popular materials related to Shakespeare.