Films & Other Videos
Films with: Zehrfeld, Ronald
- East Germany, 1980. Barbara Wolff is a young doctor who has applied for an exit visa from the GDR and, as punishment, has been transferred from her prestigious post in Berlin to a small pediatric hospital in the country. She must weigh her absolute dedication to her patients against a potential escape to the West, and her newfound attraction to a doctor in whom she sees a kindred spirit.
- DVD 10121
- Beloved sisters
- The story of an unconventional romance between two aristocratic sisters and rebellious poet, Friedrich Schiller, who took the European literary world by storm in the late eighteenth century. As the German Enlightenment flourishes in Weimar, vibrant Caroline von Beulwitz finds herself in an unhappy marriage to provide for her mother and shy younger sister Charlotte von Lengefeld. When both sisters fall for an outspoken writer, their desire ignites a journey of shared passion and creativity.
- DVD 11215
- Set in a rubble-strewn Berlin in 1945, is like no other film about post-World War II Jewish identity. After surviving Auschwitz, a former cabaret performer, her face disfigured and reconstructed, returns to her war-ravaged hometown to seek out the gentile husband who may or may not have betrayed her to the Nazis. Without recognizing her, he enlists her to play his wife in a bizarre hall-of-shattered-mirrors story that's as richly metaphorical as it is preposterously engrossing.
- DVD 12786
- Staat gegen Fritz Bauer The People vs. Fritz Bauer /
- Germany, 1957. Attorney General Fritz Bauer receives crucial evidence on the whereabouts of Nazi war criminal Adolf Eichmann. The lieutenant colonel, responsible for the mass deportation of the Jews, is allegedly hiding in Buenos Aires. Bauer, himself Jewish, has been trying to take crimes from the Third Reich to court ever since his return from Danish exile. However, there is little success so far due to the fierce German determination to repress its sinister past.
- DVD 12781