Films & Other Videos
Films with: Wiser, Mike
- Bannon's war
- President Trump's advisor Stephen Bannon's war, with radical Islam, Washington, and White House rivals. The story of Bannon's fight to deliver on Trump's promises, with a confrontational style based on his personal crusade to dramatically transform America.
- DVD 12231
- Breaking the bank
- "Frontline goes behind closed doors to tell the inside story of how things went so wrong so fast and to document efforts to stabilize the industry. Veteran Frontline producer Michael Kirk untangles the complicated financial and political web threatening one superbank in particular, Bank of America."--Container.
- DVD 7074
- Choice 2016
- Frontline goes behind the headlines to investigate what has shaped Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump, where they came from, how they lead, and why they want to take on one of the most difficult jobs imaginable. This two-hour interwoven investigative biography draws on dozens of interviews from those who know the candidates best, friends and family, advisors and adversaries, as well as authors, journalists, and political insiders.
- DVD 11889
- Dreams of Obama
- On the eve of Barack Obama's historic inauguration, Frontline examined the rich personal and political biography of America's 44th president. Insights into the key moments and experiences that have shaped and formed his political vision include his community organizing in Chicago, presidency of the Harvard Law Review, and his battles in Illinois politics. During the course of these, Obama learned how to navigate America's complicated racial and political divides. Modeling his earliest political efforts after those of Harold Washington, he built a coalition of progressive whites, African Americans and Latinos that carried him to the United States Senate. The film details how, after arriving in the Senate, Obama and his advisers carefully crafted a two-year plan to build the freshman senator's reputation, leading to the announcement in 2007 that he would run for president.
- DVD 8857
- Inside the meltdown
- "Frontline investigates the causes of the worst economic crisis in 70 years and how the government responded. [The film] chronicles the inside stories of the Bear Stearns deal, the Lehman Brothers' collapse, the propping up of insurance giant AIG and the $700 billion bailout. The film examines what Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson and Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke didn't see, couldn't stop and haven't been able to fix." -- Container.
- DVD 7421
- Mueller investigation
- For two years, special counsel Robert Mueller's probe into Russian meddling in the 2016 election dominated news headlines and rocked Washington D.C. Drawing on in-depth interviews with senior law enforcement officials, Trump insiders, attorneys, authors and journalists, FRONTLINE offers an inside look into the investigation that President Donald Trump has continually deemed a 'witch hunt.'
- DVD 13109
- Trump's road to the White House
- An investigation of how Donald Trump defied expectations to win the presidency. Through interviews with key players, the film shows how Trump rallied millions of supporters, defeated adversaries, and who he's bringing into the White House with him.
- DVD 12177
- United States of secrets
- Frontline investigates the secret history of the unprecedented surveillance program that began in the wake of September 11th and continues today. As big technology companies encouraged users to share more and more information about their lives, they created a trove of data that could be useful not simply to advertisers, but also to the government. The revelations of NSA contractor Edward Snowden would push Silicon Valley into the center of a debate over privacy and government surveillance.
- DVD 10876
- Examines the derivative securities market during the 1990s and explores early warnings of the financial crisis of 2008. Uncovers an intense battle between high-ranking members of the Clinton administration versus Brooksley Born who tried to sound the alarm about the need to regulate the emerging, highly complex, and lucrative derivatives markets. Examines Alan Greenspan's economic policies.
- DVD 7076