Films & Other Videos
Films with: Windeløv, Vibeke
- Breaking the waves
- Bess, a pious, young Scottish woman, prays to God to send her husband, Jan, home from his job on an offshore oil rig. When an accident sends him home paralyzed, she's filled with guilt and submits to his wish that she take on other lovers, convinced that this will aid in his recovery.
- DVD 957
- Dancer in the dark
- Selma, a factory worker in rural America and single mother, is losing her eyesight from a hereditary disease. Determined to protect her 10-year-old son from the same fate, Selma is saving her money to get him an operation. In the evenings, Selma escapes by rehearsing for a production of The sound of music with her best friend. When a neighbor betrays her trust, Selma's life spirals out of control and the lines between reality and fantasy blur.
- DVD 2107
- Dogme 4.
- Follows the trials and tribulations of a busload of tourists who get stranded in an abandoned mining town in the middle of the African desert. After a fine bout of partying, they fall prey to the heat, isolation, and fear of death that pushes them to the extremes of introspection and emotional exploration. And in a beautifully futile gesture, they begin to rehearse a production of Shakespeare's King Lear, which helps pry open a few fragile psyches.
- DVD 5286
- Grace arrives in the isolated town of Dogville, on the run from gangsters. The townspeople agree to hide her. However, when outsiders start looking for the fugitive, the locals make demands of Grace in exchange for the risk of harboring her. But Grace has a secret and its a dangerous one. Dogville may regret it ever decided to bare its teeth.
- DVD 3207
- "While traveling across [Alabama in the 1930s], Grace discovers the isolated plantation of Manderlay, a place where no one knows that slavery has been long abolished. With a good heart and pure intentions, Grace tries to emancipate the slaves and open the residents' eyes to the truth, with shocking results" -- Container.
- DVD 6623