Films & Other Videos
Films with: Williamson, Mykelti
- Dramatic biography of boxing great Muhammad Ali, which focuses on the ten-year period of 1964-1974. In that time, the brash, motor-mouthed athlete quickly dominates his sport, meets and marries his first wife, converts to Islam (changing his name from Cassius Clay), and defies the United States government by refusing to submit to military conscription for duty in Vietnam. His world heavyweight champion title thus stripped from him entirely for political reasons, the champ sets about to win back his crown, culminating in a legendary unification bout against George Foreman in Zaire, dubbed the "Rumble in the Jungle."
- DVD 1341
- In 1950s Pittsburgh, a Black garbage collector named Troy Maxson--bitter that baseball's color barrier was only broken after his own heyday in the Negro Leagues--is prone to taking out his frustrations on his loved ones.
- DVD 12143
- Films of Robert Zemeckis
- Robert Zemeckis began making films with an 8mm camera while still in high school. He made his directorial debut in 1978 with I wanna hold your hand, and has since directed films such as Romancing the stone, Back to the future, Who framed Roger Rabbit, Death becomes her, Forrest Gump, Contact, What lies beneath, and Cast away. This film contains interviews with the director and reminiscences by actors and actresses who have worked with Zemeckis. Includes filmography, awards, and Weblink.
- DVD 2272
- Forrest Gump
- The story follows the life of low I.Q. Forrest Gump (Tom Hanks) and his meeting with the love of his life Jenny. The film chronicles his accidental experiences with some of the most important people and events in America from the late 1950's through the 1970's including a meeting with Elvis Presley, JFK, Lyndon Johnson, Richard Nixon, fighting in Vietnam, etc. The problem is, he doesn't realize the significance of his actions. Forrest comes to embody a generation.
- DVD 3244
- Vincent Hanna is a brilliant L.A. cop. following the trail from a deadly armed robbery to a crew headed by master thief Neil McCauley. The trouble is, McCauley's expertise is at least equal to Hanna's.
- DVD 1630
- Spinning into butter
- A vicious hate crime at an elite New England college thrusts the new dean of students into the investigation. When charged with maintaining order on campus, she is forced to examine her own feelings about race. Based on the critically acclaimed play, a compelling movie that examines the emotional fallout of prejudice within the cloistered walls of academia.
- DVD 7490