Films & Other Videos
Films with: Wiland, Harry
- Chicago city of the big shoulders /
- Scott Simon interviews a group of inspirational environmental activists from various backgrounds who are dedicated to the greening of Chicago. The 24-acre Millennium Park, City Hall Roof Garden, Green Roof Initiative, and an outdoor classroom and nature preserve at Elgin High School are among the projects highlighted.
- DVD 7098
- Los Angeles dream a different city /
- "TreePeople, founded by Andy Lipkis, is leading the campaign to plant one million trees in the next decade. Los Angeles is discovering mass transit. The Expo Line represents the first east-west light rail-line in Los Angeles in 50 years. Girls Today Women Tomorrow brings together profession women who mentor the girls of Boyle Heights, teaching them about nutrition, exercise, leadership skills and civic involvement"--Publisher info.
- DVD 7170
- Philadelphia the holy experiment /
- Faced with severe budget limitations, Philadelphia created a network of volunteer organizations who have brought about rebirth through volunteerism and community outreach. Mayor John F. Street created the Neighborhood Transition Initiative program to come up with practicable and affordable solutions to remove blight, promote quality restoration, stimulate investment in new housing, and improve how the city delivers services to its businesses and residents.
- DVD 7169
- Seattle the future is now /
- This program reports on the environmental transformation of Seattle as it struggles to combat the environmental consequences of its increasing population.
- DVD 7168