Films & Other Videos
Films with: Whitty, May
- A susceptible young woman marries a suave, romantic man never suspecting that he is a murderous scoundrel, obsessed with finding the jewels hidden in their London home. She becomes the helpless victim as he drives her to the brink of insanity.
- DVD 7536
- Lady vanishes
- Enroute back to England by train from Switzerland, an old lady disappears and two young people investigate.
- DVD 790
- Lady vanishes
- On a train, an old woman mysteriously disappears. Two young people search for her and uncover a dangerous spy ring.
- DVD 1194
- Mrs. Miniver
- "This story of an average English middle-class family begins with the summer of 1939; when the sun shone down on a happy, careless people, who worked and played, reared their children and tended their gardens in that happy, easy-going England that was so soon to be fighting desperately for her way of life and for life itself." -- Title screens. [The film] dramatizes the effect of the Second World War on the English at home. Mrs. Kay Miniver's tranquil domestic existence is torn to shreds by the winds of war: her husband, Clem, disappears on a secret volunteer mission; eldest son, Vin, joins the RAF; and the village faces regular German bombings with a typically British stiff-upper-lip. Embodying understated British courage in the face of danger, Mrs. Miniver's mission is to stay alive, and keep her family together with hope, strength, and dignity.
- DVD 10069
- Alfred Hitchcock weaves a terrifying web of suspicion around a fragile young English bride and captures a classic suspense thriller. Joan Fontaine is the bride, a gently-reared heiress who fears she has married a murderer. Cary Grant is the husband, a dashing ne'er-do-well with a penchant for the high life--and a bank account that's strictly low-life.
- DVD 5783