Films & Other Videos
Films with: Weinstein, Larry
- Dreaming of a Jewish Christmas
- "An offbeat, irreverent documentary that tells the story of a group of Jewish songwriters, including Irving Berlin, Mel Tormé, Jay Livingston, Ray Evans, Gloria Shayne Baker and Johnny Marks, who wrote the soundtrack to the world's most musical holiday. It's an amazing look at the 20th century North American immigrant experience and the extraordinary outburst of musical energy from the children of those immigrants." -- On container.
- DVD 13206
- Inside Hana's suitcase
- The delivery of a battered suitcase to Fumiko Ishioka at the Tokyo Holocaust Museum brings the true-life mystery that became the subject of Karen Levine's best-selling book Hana's suitcase. The suitcase came from the Auschwitz Museum and had Hana Brady's name painted on it. Larry Weinstein's masterful film follows Fumiko's search to discover the details of Hana's life, which leads to the discovery of her brother George in Toronto. As small children they had been sent to Thereisenstadt for being Jewish after the Nazis invaded Czechoslovakia in 1939. The voices of children from Japan, Canada and the Czech Republic telling Hana's story are woven around the drama, along with George's memories and Fumiko"s quest, to create a film of astonishing power and hope.
- DVD 7379
- Toscanini in his own words. /
- This film is a docufiction on the great Toscanini directed by well-known film-maker Larry Weinstein who pushes the boundaries of conventional documentary storytelling by borrowing tools from fiction films, including dramatic reconstructions and historical cinematic stylings.
- DVD 6645