Films & Other Videos
Films with: Verhoeven, Michael
- Human failure
- The expropriation of assets from German Jews, during the Third Reich, benefitted virtually every German citizen. It was not only the Gestapo who invaded Jewish residences in order to confiscate all property, from bank accounts to the last shirt, it was the German tax officials. A competition evolved between bureaucrats as to how to organize the robbery of the Jews before they were expelled, or sent to their deaths. Larger assets went to the tax offices, and the smaller assets and goods were sold to friends and neighbors in public auctions of "non-Aryan" property. Many of the documents proving this expropriation were lost or destroyed; the ones that remained were hidden away. Using first-hand accounts, award-winning filmmaker Michael Verhoeven goes on a search to unearth evidence documenting one of the greatest robberies in human history"--Container.
- DVD 7380
- Schreckliche Mädchen The nasty girl /
- Sonja undertakes a school project for an essay writing contest on the subject of her town's history during the Third Reich. She begins to search for facts, but those people who have personal experience of that time are unwilling to provide her with information.
- DVD 10886
- Unbekannte Soldat The unknown solder /
- The crimes against humanity commited by the Nazi regime are often thought of as the work directed by leaders such as Himmler or Hitler. "Ordinary" German soldiers are not often seen as anything other than their pawns. Until now. Documents Germany's controversial Wehrmacht Exhibition, which for the first time ever reveals the personal letters, photographs and film footage implicating the common soldier of horrific acts.
- DVD 5422