Films & Other Videos
Films with: Vargas, Jacob
- Revisits the night presidential-hopeful Robert F. Kennedy was assassinated at the Ambassador Hotel in June 1968. Tells the stories of a variety of people present on tgat fateful night, ranging from Kennedy's campaign staff and volunteers to the hotel owner, employees such as kitchen staff, and various guests.
- DVD 5906
- Cesar Chavez
- The story of the famed civil rights leader and labor organizer torn between his duties as a husband and father and his commitment to securing a living wage for farm workers. Chavez embraced non-violence as he battled greed and prejudice in his struggle to bring dignity to people. He inspired millions of Americans who never worked on a farm to fight for social justice. His triumphant journey is a remarkable testament to the power of one individual's ability to change the world.
- DVD 13363
- Follows "Swoff," a third-generation Marine enlistee, from a sobering stint in boot camp to active duty, sporting a sniper's rifle and a hundred-pound ruck on his back through the Middle East deserts. There is no cover from intolerable heat or from the Iraqi soldiers, who are always potentially just over the next horizon. Swoff and his fellow Marines sustain themselves with sardonic humanity and wicked comedy on blazing desert fields in a country they don't understand, against an enemy they can't see, for a cause they don't fully understand. Sergeant Sykes, a Marine lifer, heads up the scout/sniper platoon, while Troy, Swoff's friend and mentor, is a die-hard member of STA - the elite Marine Unit.
- DVD 4925
- My crazy life Mi vida loca /
- Gang members Sad Girl and Mousie, once best friends, are now enemies as they have both become pregnant by the same man, Ernesto, a local drug dealer. But when Ernesto is murdered, the balance of power on the street brutally changes.
- DVD 3093
- When a brutal blast of cold hits Cincinnati, the public library transforms from a safe haven for the homeless into a potential war zone. Those who have no place of retreat to evade the cold stage a sit-in in the library where they are tended by members of the library's staff. Soon the police arrive and a stand-off threatens to bring tragedy to the homeless individuals and those who care about their well-being. An eye-opening exploration of the basic values of humanity plays out as the cold rages outside.
- DVD 13120
- Sleep dealer
- Set in the future, a young man looks for a better life outside his small rural village in Mexico-- but finds himself facing a technological dystopia when he attempts to cross the border. Memo Cruz siempre ha soñado con dejar su pequeño y huir a las grandes ciudades fronterizas del Norte. Pero cuando ocurre una tragedia imprevista y se ve obligado a huir, Memo descubre un nuevo mundo mucho más salvaje de lo que había soñado. El futuro próximo de Sleep Dealer es un mundo lleno de drones asesinos, fábricas de tecnología de punta, vendedores de memorias y una salvaje batalla contra los 'aqua-terroristas' emitada por televisión.
- DVD 9137