Films & Other Videos
Films with: Trân, Anh Hùng
- Mùa hè chiēu thang dúng Â la verticale de l'été = The vertical ray of the sun /
- Three sisters-Lien, Khanh, and Suong-whose parents have recently died come together on the anniversary of the mother's death, preparing the memorial dinner. The men in their lives include their brother Hai, and husbands Kien and Quoc. The family is, however, prey to all the romantic entanglements, confessions, secrets, passions and troubles that eventually ensnare all. With Chekhovian decorum, the film examines the domestic emotions and small eruptions of feeling that punctuate the slow, vaguely sorrowful serenity of the sister's daily lives.
- DVD 5462
- Mùi Đu Đủ Xanh L'odeur de papaye verte = The scent of green papaya /
- Set in 1950s and 1960s Saigon, a young country girl joins a family as their servant and develops an enduring but secret attachment to a friend of the eldest son.
- DVD 6816
- Noruwei no mori Norwegian wood /
- "Tokyo, 1968. Students around the world are uniting to overthrow the establishment and Toru Watanabe's personal life is similarly in tumult. At heart, he is deeply devoted to his first love, Naoko, a beautiful and introspective young woman. But their complex bond has been forged by the tragic death of their best friend years before. Watanabe lives with the influence of death everywhere. That is, until Midori, a girl who is everything that Naoko is not - outgoing, vivacious, supremely self-confident - marches into his life and Watanabe must choose between his past and his future."
- DVD 8670