Films & Other Videos
- Afrique, je te plumerai Africa, I will fleece you /
- A compelling and sardonic essay on the history of colonialism in Cameroon, and by extension, on the African continent. Focuses on historical as well as contemporary European cultural domination, particularly in the publishing and media industry.
- DVD 5195
- Malentendu colonial
- The filmmaker looks at European colonialism in Africa through the lens of Christian evangelism as the model for the relationship between Africa and western countries today. The history of German missionaries in Namibia in the 19th and 20th centuries is discussed by African and German historians and theologians, revealing how colonialism destroyed African beliefs and social systems and replaced them with European ones.
- DVD 5189
- Si-Gueriki, la reine-mère Queen mother /
- Documentary intended as a tribute to the filmmaker's late father, a member of the nobility of the Borgu people of northern Benin. In the course of his investigations, director Idrissou Mora Kpai discovers the lives of his mother and sisters which had previously been invisible to him and decides to make a film about them instead. Mora Kpai's ignorance of women's lives results from Borgu Child-rearing practices. Boys are removed from their mothers at an early age and spend all their time with the men of the tribe.
- DVD 6781