Films & Other Videos
Films with: Tanba, Tetsurō
- Ibun sarutobi sasuke Samurai spy /
- "Spy networks gather information for the clans supporting and opposing the shogunate."--Www.kitparker.com.
- DVD 4692
- Consists of four stories of the supernatural based on Japanese folk material. In The black hair, a poor young samurai leaves his first wife to marry a rich woman. When he is unhappy in his second marriage, he returns to his first wife, who at first appears unchanged from when he last saw her. In The woman of the snow, a woodcutter is spared by a mysterious ghost-like woman in the snow, but must promise never to tell anyone what he has seen. In Hoichi, the earless, a blind musician-monk named Hoichi is commanded by a gathering of ghosts to sing the saga of their ancient deeds. The head monk paints Hoichi's body with prayer verses to protect him, but unfortunately overlooks Hoichi's ears. In In a cup of tea, a writer wonders what would happen to a person who drinks another's soul and finds out.
- DVD 7590
- Katakurike no kof̄uku Happiness of the Katakuris /
- Black comedy about a modern dysfunctional family and their shared dream of opening an inn in the country.
- DVD 1034
- Sanbiki no samurai Three outlaw samurai /
- An offshoot of a Japanese television series of the same name, "Three outlaw samurai" is a classic in its own right. A wandering, seen-it-all ronin becomes entangled in the dangerous business of two other samurai hired to execute a band of peasants who have kidnapped the daughter of a corrupt magistrate. With remarkable storytelling economy and thrilling action scenes, it's an expertly mounted tale of revenge and loyalty.
- DVD 9657
- Shin Jingi no hakaba
- A story about the life and death of Rikio Ishikawa, one of the most notorious and violent yakuza in the history of organized crime in Japan.
- DVD 11927