Films & Other Videos
Films with: Sengoku, Noriko
- Nora inu Stray dog /
- A bad day gets worse for rookie detective Murakami when a pickpocket steals his gun on a hot, crowded bus. Desperate to right the wrong, he goes undercover, scavenging Tokyo's sweltering streets for the thief, whose desperation has led him to a life of crime. With each step, the cop and the criminal's lives become more intertwined and the investigation becomes an examination of Murakami's own dark side.
- DVD 3410
- Shizukanaru kettō Quiet duel /
- "During a life-saving operation, army surgeon Fujisaki (Mifune) contaminates himself with syphilis, a disease virtually incurable in 1940s Japan. After the war, he returns to work at the hospital maintained by his obstetrician father (Shimura), but agonizes over the disease that threatens to destroy his impending marriage, while simultaneously trying to save other patients' lives -- including the man from whom he contracted the disease"--Container.
- DVD 2527
- Yoidore tenshi Drunken angel /
- Dr. Sanada is an alcoholic, in part due to the despair that constantly assails him as he tries to keep the inhabitants of a post-World War II Tokyo slum as healthy as possible. Food and medical supplies are scarce, the neighborhood is around an open sewer, and the only place to buy medicines is the black market-- controlled by the Yakuza. Matsunaga, a young yakuza with a violent temper, seeks Sanada's help to remove a bullet from his hand, but Matsunaga's cough catches the doctor's attention. What follows is a wrestling match for Matsunaga's life. Will he follow Sanada's instructions and make the smart, healthy decision, or will he let the fabled yakuza code of honor destroy him?
- DVD 10286