Films & Other Videos
Films with: Schnabel, Julian
- At eternity's gate
- The last years of the great French painter Vincent van Gogh are dramatized. The focus is on the time the artist spent in Ales and Auvers-sur-Oise, France. The art of painting itself and the painter's relationship with the concept of infinity are central themes. Not an exhaustive overview of all events in the final years of Van Gogh's life, but focuses on key elements the artist experienced as he struggled with mental turmoil and produced some of his greatest masterpieces.
- DVD 12935
- In 1981, a nineteen-year-old unknown graffiti writer takes the New York art world by storm.
- DVD 5692
- Before night falls
- A look at the life of the late Cuban poet Reinaldo Arenas, who is victimized by a government that banned his books and jailed him for a crime he didn't commit. He flees to the U.S. where he continues to fight for personal expression through his writings.
- DVD 1128
- Scaphandre et le papillon Diving bell and the butterfly/
- The French editor of Elle magazine, Jean-Dominique Bauby, who, in 1995 at the age of 43, suffered a stroke that paralyzed his entire body, except his left eye. Using that eye to blink out his memoir, Bauby eloquently described the aspects of his interior world, from the psychological torment of being trapped inside his body to his imagined stories from lands he'd only visited in his mind.
- DVD 5512