Films & Other Videos
Films with: Schiller, Greta
- Before Stonewall the making of a gay and lesbian community /
- Traces the social, political and cultural history of homosexuality in America from the 1920s to 1969; the beginning of the Gay Liberation Movement after a police raid on Stonewall Inn, a gay bar in New York City; and the three-day riot that followed.
- DVD 5798
- I live at Ground Zero
- Nine year old Isabella Schiller, who lives three blocks North of Ground Zero, discusses how she feels after the World Trade Center disaster. She talks about her neighborhood that is forever changed.
- DVD 13098
- International Sweethearts of Rhythm America's hottest all girl band /
- International Sweethearts of Rhythm "tells the story of the swinging, multiracial all-women jazz band of the 1940s"--Container ; Tiny and Ruby "is a rollicking portrait of two women who made a life together creating music"--Container ; Maxine Sullivan "is a long-overdue film portrait of the once famous, and now largely forgotten jazz vocalist Maxine Sullivan"--Container.
- DVD 11518
- Man who drove with Mandela
- Tells the story of Cecil Williams, a white anti-apartheid freedom fighter and theater director who enabled Mandela to travel around the country and organize the struggle against the apartheid regime, disguised as a chauffeur. Includes archive footage, home movies, personal testimony from resistance activists, and stories of secret gay life in apartheid South Africa.
- DVD 10207
- No dinosaurs in heaven
- Examines the evolution/creationism controversy through discussions among teachers on an expedition through the Grand Canyon, interspersed with interviews with students from a City College of New York class where creationism was taught rather than evolution and short animated sequences.
- DVD 8952
- Paris was a woman
- Through a combination of still photos, archival film footage, and interview commentary, documents the creative community of French, English and American women, many of whom were lesbians, who gravitated to the Left Bank in Paris during the early part of the 20th century.
- DVD 2493