Films & Other Videos
Films with: Scagliotti, John
- After Stonewall from the riots to the millennium /
- In 1969 the police raided the Stonewall Inn, a gay bar in New York City's Greenwich Village, leading to three nights of rioting by the city's gay community. With this outpouring of courage and unity the Gay Liberation Movement had begun. Chronicles the history of lesbian and gay life from the riots at Stonewall to the end of the century. Captures the hard work, struggles, tragic defeats and exciting victories experienced since then. It explores how AIDS literally changed the direction of the movement.
- DVD 5799
- Before homosexuals from ancient times to Victorian crimes /
- "Emmy Award-winner John Scagliotti guides us in a wondrous tour of erotic history, poetry and visual art in this point-of-view documentary on same-sex desire from ancient times to Victorian crimes. He explores how the sexual revolution of the 1960s and the growth of LGBT political power in the 1990s cleared the path for artists and scholars to re-discover pre-20th century same-sex desires. With dozens of experts he revels in lesbian love spells from ancient Rome, censored chapters of the Kamasutra, Native American two-spirit rituals and more. A prequel to Before Stonewall, Before Homosexuals unearths the garden of human sexual delights and the endurance and creativity of 'an army of lovers.'"--Film website: http://beforehomosexuals.com/about-the-film/.
- DVD 12834
- Before Stonewall the making of a gay and lesbian community /
- Traces the social, political and cultural history of homosexuality in America from the 1920s to 1969; the beginning of the Gay Liberation Movement after a police raid on Stonewall Inn, a gay bar in New York City; and the three-day riot that followed.
- DVD 5798