Films & Other Videos
Films with: Sarde, Philippe
- Égarés Strayed /
- After the German occupation of Paris during World War II, a young widow flees the war-torn city with her two children and must rely on a mysterious young stranger in order to survive.
- DVD 4672
- Princesse de Montpensier
- "A sweeping and romantic historical epic"--Container. Set in the 16th century, Marie de Mezieres is deeply in love with her dashing cousin Henri de Guise. However, due to her father's political ambitions, she is forced into a marriage with the well-connected Philippe de Montpensier, who she has never met. When Philippe is called away to fight, she is left in the care of Count Chabannes, an aging nobleman. It isn't long before she is exposed to the sexual and political intrigues of court.
- DVD 10342
- A quiet, timid file clerk whose unremarkable life begins to be increasingly overshadowed with dread and fear after he moves into his new home - an apartment building with an unhappy past. Adding to his paranoia are the building's other occupants, who do nothing to alleviate his growing obsession with the untimely, tragic fate of the apartment's previous tenant.
- DVD 6085
- In this adaptation of Thomas Hardy's classic romance, Tess Darbeyville, a beautiful young peasant in late 19th century England, seeks her fortune with the wealthy D'Urbervilles, whom her family believes to be distant relatives. Although Tess rejects the advances of the D'Urberville's son Alex, he forcibly seduces her, leaving her pregnant and alone. After her sickly baby dies, Tess falls in love with Angel, a parson's son, who abandons her on their wedding night after she confesses her past "sin." This forces Tess to return to Alex, a fateful decision with tragic consequences.
- DVD 8719
- Touche pas à la femme blanche Don't touch the white woman /
- Presents a unique and anachronistic pastiche on the American western and a subversive swipe at the treatment of Native Americans. As the cavalry fights the Indians, coward General Custer is trying to fight off the advances of both Sitting Bull and Marie-Hélène while modern day Parisian life goes on around them.
- DVD 898