Films & Other Videos
- For the apartment dwellers, every action creates a ripple unknowingly felt by all. Goreous libertine Gabi's loud, violent trysts with her physically dominant, emotionally unavailable lover Hezi bring down the wrath of their disgusted neighbors. Mali reluctantly joins her neurotic ex-husband Ezra in his search for their army deserter son. Ezra's illegal construction site and undocumented immigrant workers in turn prompt the hermit Schwartz to relive the horrors of the Nazi death camps, as his Filipino campanion Linda helplessly looks on.
- DVD 3526
- A group of European Jewish refugees arrive in Palestine in the critical year of 1948. Carried on deck of the freighter, Kedma, they come ashore to find not the Promised Land, but a war torn desert in the bloody throes of transformation into the state of Israel. Rescued from a British Army ambush at beachside by Palmach Jewish guerillas, the refugees are remade into soldiers expected to offer their lives to defend a nation that does not yet exist in a land they have never known.
- DVD 3544
- Film takes place in 1973 during the Yom Kippur War in which Egypt and Syria launched attacks in Sinai and the Golan Heights. We are led on a day that begins with quiet city streets, but ends with death, destruction and devastation of both body and mind.
- DVD 3531
- Plus tard One day you'll understand /
- As the 1987 trial of Nazi war criminal Klaus Barbie unfolds on television, Victor Bastien reviews old family documents and finds a distressing "Aryan declaration" authored by his late father. This new discovery throws Victor's conception of his family's history into darkness. His mother, Rivka, keeps a stubborn silence about the past, while Tania, his sister, defends their father's declaration. At the same time, Victor's wife and children grow concerned about his increasing distraction. Burning with the need to unearth the truth, Victor takes his family to the tiny village where Rivka's parents were forced to hide during the war.
- DVD 6745