Films & Other Videos
Films with: Samel, Udo
- 71 Fragmente einer Chronologie des Zufalls 71 fragments of a chronology of chance /
- "A meticulous depiction of the numbing and normalizing effects of television" -- container.
- DVD 5505
- Alles auf Zucker Go for Zucker /
- Pool shark and hustler Jaeckie Zucker is up to his ears in debt. In a stroke of luck, his mother dies and leaves an inheritance. Before he can cash in, his mother has requested the difficult task of reconciling with his estranged Orthodox brother Samuel.
- DVD 5036
- Kondom des Grauens Killer condom /
- Killer condoms are on the loose and after a close call; Luigi Mackeroni is on the case. Will he be able to rid New York City of this evil menace?
- DVD 888
- "In this riveting study of the dynamics of control, Academy Award-winning director Michael Haneke takes on Nobel laureate Elfriede Jelinek's controversial 1983 novel about perverse female sexuality and the world of classical music ... Erika [is] a piano professor at a Viennese conservatory who lives with her mother in a claustrophobically codependent relationship. Severely repressed, she satisfies her masochistic urges only voyeuristically until she meets Walter, a student whose desire for Erika leads to a destructive infatuation that upsets the careful equilibrium of her life."--Container.
- DVD 3018
- Schloss The castle /
- K. arrives at an isolated village to take up his position as a land surveyor for officials at the Castle. No one will confirm or deny his appointment, and his attempts to approach and appeal to Castle officials are met with indifference, obstinacy, and bureaucratic red tape. K. has status but no position, two dolts for assistants, the forlorn barmaid Frieda as a fiancée, and arguments with everyone. An icy blizzard blows unendingly, immeasurable time passes, and K. trudges repeatedly back and forth, waiting for the smallest scrap of information or news from the Castle, that they have need of him, or at least recognition of his existence.
- DVD 7381
- Siebente Kontinent : The seventh continent /
- Georg and his wife Anna realize how monotonous and isolated their lives are when their daughter Eva, in a desperate attempt to get attention, suddenly pretends to be blind. The family decides to break with their routine and plans to emigrate to Australia. This film is a stark look at lives severed from feelings.
- DVD 5506