Films & Other Videos
Films with: Saburi, Shin
- Akibiyori Late autumn /
- Similar in theme to Ozu's earlier film "Late Spring," the child character of that film is now portrayed as the parent in this tale of mother and daughter relationship.
- DVD 12791
- Chichi arikii There was a father /
- After the death of his wife, a school teacher raises his son alone in Kanazawa. One day the father accompanies his students on a field trip and one of the students is fatally injured. Taking responsibility for the accident, the father puts his son in a boarding school and goes to work in a factory in Tokyo. The son grows up to become a teacher and eventually meets his father again. He expresses his desire to quit his job, move to Tokyo and live together with his father. The father is horrified at this idea and admonishes his son to return to his work and not put his own feelings above his responsibilities.
- DVD 9072
- Higanbana Equinox flower /
- In Ozu's first color film, a stubborn businessman with traditional views is faced with a modern-minded daughter and her nontraditional fiance.
- DVD 12790