Films & Other Videos
Films with: Rosen, Peter
- Eero Saarinen the architect who saw the future /
- Explore the life of Finnish-American architect Eero Saarinen, whose visionary buildings include St. Louis's Gateway Arch and the General Motors Technical Center in Michigan. Travel with his son as he showcases the architect's body of timeless work, which continues to inspire amongst renewed interest in 20th century architects and artists who exploded the constraints of the past to create a robust and daring American aesthetic. Includes ultra high-definition drone footage, rare archival interviews, and new interviews with architects Kevin Roche, César Pelli, Rafael Viñoly, and Robert A.M. Stern, as well as other notable figures.
- DVD 12293
- First person singular I.M. Pei /
- I.M. Pei leads viewers through some of his more famous creations, such as the Louvre, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, the Miho Museum, the Meyerson Symphony Center, the National Gallery of Art, and the Bank of China. He also speaks candidly about his life, his early years in China, his schooling at both Harvard and MIT, and his approach to architecture and design.
- DVD 10607
- International release 2
- Kite: A music-driven computer-animated film inspired by the style of artist Wiliam Turner. Portrait: Jane Campion and the portrait of a lady: an unusually extensive and intimate study of a filmmaker at work. First person singular: I.M. Pei: World-renowned architect I.M. Pei recommends getting inspired by travel. Kaal: A humble shoemaker practices his trade on the streets of Bombay. Gabriël: Surrounded by nuns, a little boy believes he's a real angel. Irish actors: Brosnan and Byrne: In candid interviews, Pierce Brosnan and Gabriel Byrne talk about their identitites as Irish actors. Gorky's zygotic mynci: Meet the Welsh band with the wacky name.
- DVD 2666