Films & Other Videos
Films with: Robeson, Paul
- Emperor Jones
- A cunning manipulator takes control of a Caribbean island and declares himself emperor.
- DVD 6356
- King Solomon's mines
- Explorers in Africa persuade an exiled chief to help them find a lost diamond mine.
- DVD 1648
- Paul Robeson : portraits of the artist.
- A collection of feature films that starred Paul Robeson, plus one short documentary narrated by Sidney Poitier. "All-American athlete, scholar, renowned baritone, stage actor, and social activist, Paul Robeson...the son of an escaped slave, managed to become a top-billed movie star during the time of Jim Crow America...his film legacy lives on and continues to speak eloquently of the long and difficult journey of a courageous and outspoken African-American."--Container.
- DVD 6633
- Paul Robeson collection
- In Song of freedom, a successful concert singer discovers he is the descendant of a West African queen whose tribe is now in need of a leader. In Big fella, Joe, a dockworker in Marseilles, finds a missing boy and takes him to stay with a local cafe singer, Miranda, where they both become surrogate parents to the child.
- DVD 1650
- Readings from Voices of a people's history of the United States by Howard Zinn and Anthony Arnove
- "On October 22, 2004, Howard Zinn was honored by the New York Society for Ethical Culture. Friends and supporters came to hear readings from Zinn's Voices of a People's history of the United States, the companion book to A people's history of the United States, which collects first hand accounts of U.S. history from the perspectives of common people and political activists. Democracy Now's Amy Goodman hosted an evening of readings by actors, activists, and authors..."--Container.
- DVD 7305