Films & Other Videos
Films with: Reynolds, Graham
- At the fork
- "Filmmaker and omnivore John Papola, together with his vegetarian wife Lisa, offer up a timely and refreshingly unbiased look at how farm animals are raised for our consumption. With unprecedented access to large-scale conventional farms, Papola asks the tough questions behind every hamburger, glass of milk and baby-back rib. What he discovers are not heartless industrialists, but America's farmers - real people who, along with him, are grappling with the moral dimensions of farming animals for food."--From film website.
- DVD 11723
- Last flag flying
- Thirty years after they served together in Vietnam, a former Navy Corpsman Larry "Doc" Shepherd re-unites with his old buddies, former Marines Sal Nealon and Reverend Richard Mueller, to bury his son, a young Marine killed in the Iraq War.
- DVD 12721
- Scanner darkly
- Set in a future world where America has lost the war on drugs, an L.A. undercover agents change their faces along with their identities. One officer's liberal ingestion of the drug "Substance D" causes him to develop a split personality, a notorious drug dealer. Along with his superior officers, the police set up an elaborate scheme to catch his drug dealer alter-ego and tear down his operation. Filmed using an animation technique called interpolated rotoscope, with animation over filmed sequences.
- DVD 4680
- Starving the beast the battle to disrupt and reform America's public universities /
- "Starving the Beast examines the ongoing power struggle on college campuses across the nation as political and market-oriented forces push to disrupt and reform America's public universities. The film documents a philosophical shift that seeks to reframe public higher education as a 'value proposition' to be borne by the beneficiary of a college degree rather than as a 'public good' for society. Financial winners and losers emerge in a struggle poised to profoundly change public higher education. The film focuses on dramas playing out at the University of Wisconsin, University of Virginia, University of North Carolina, Louisiana State University, University of Texas and Texas A & M."--Back cover.
- DVD 13303