Films & Other Videos
Films with: Pontecorvo, Gillo
- Bataille d'Alger The battle of Algiers /
- Dramatizes the harrowing events of 1957, a key year in Algeria's struggle for independence from France. Recreates the tumultuous Algerian uprising against the occupying French in the 1950s. As violence escalates on both sides, the French torture prisoners for information and the Algerians resort to terrorism in their quest for independence. Children shoot soldiers at point-blank range, women plant bombs in cafés. The French win the battle, but ultimately lose the war as the Algerian people demonstrate that they will no longer be suppressed.
- DVD 2763
- Sir William Walker is sent to secure a plantation at a Portuguese colony. While there be befriends Jose and Teddy, and plants the seeds of revolution in their heads. Years later he must go back and stop the revolution that he helped begin.
- DVD 4124
- Indagine su un cittadino al di sopra di ogni sospetto investigation of a citizen above suspicion /
- "The Kafkaesque tale of a Roman police inspector ... investigating a heinous crime-which he himself committed"--Container.
- DVD 10140
- The story of a Jewish girl from Paris sent to a concentration camp during World War II and her struggle to survive by stealing another's identity and becoming a warden.
- DVD 13462