Films & Other Videos
Films with: Pinto, Freida
- Girl rising
- Travel the globe to meet nine unforgettable girls - striving beyond circumstance, pushing past limits. Their dreams, their voices, their incredible stories are captured in a films about the strength of the human spirit and the power of education to change the world. More than a film, Girl Rising is the heart of a movement that is spreading around the world promoting this powerful truth: educating girls in the developing world can transform families, communities and entire countries and break the cycle of poverty in just one generation.
- DVD 10974
- Rise of the planet of the apes
- During experiments to find a cure for Alzheimer's disease, a genetically-enhanced chimpanzee uses its greater intelligence to lead other apes to freedom.
- DVD 8594
- Slumdog millionaire
- Jamal Malik is an 18 year-old orphan from the slums of Mumbai. With the whole nation watching, he is just one question away from winning a staggering 20 million rupees on India's version of "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?" When the show breaks for the night, police arrest him on suspicion of cheating. Desperate to prove his innocence, Jamal tells the story of his life in the slum where he and his brother grew up. He describes their adventures together on the road, of vicious encounters with local gangs, and of Latika, the girl he loved and lost. Every chapter of his story reveals the key to the answer to one of the game show's questions. Jamal's increasingly layered story reveals where he learned the answers to the show's seemingly impossible questions. When the new day dawns and Jamal returns to answer the final question, the Inspector and sixty million viewers watch to find out if he can answer the question of how anyone comes to know the things they know about life and love.
- DVD 6415
- You will meet a tall dark stranger
- After Alfie leaves his wife, Helena, to pursue his lost youth with a free-spirited call girl named Charmaine, Helena abandons rationality and surrenders her life to the loopy advice of a charlatan fortune teller. Meanwhile, daughter Sally develops a crush on her handsome boss, Greg, while her husband, Roy, becomes moonstruck over Dia, a mystery woman who catches his gaze through a nearby window. These four will find out how easy it is for their illusions to make fools of them.
- DVD 8116