Films & Other Videos
Films with: Parrish, Hunter
- Freedom Writers [their story, their words, their future] /
- A true story about a teacher in a racially divided school who gives her students what they've always needed, a voice. Erin Gruwell comes to a southern California high school bubbling over with naive optimism. She quickly discovers that her unruly classroom is not easily won over by her good intentions. After a few floundering attempts to connect with her students, Gruwell gives them the assignment of keeping journals about their own lives, This assignment is something that the class can bite into with relish. This eventually bonds them together and pushes racial rivalries aside. Draws heavily from the published journals of the real students themselves.
- DVD 8948
- It's complicated
- A hilarious look at marriage, divorce, and everything in between. With a thriving Santa Barbara bakery, a new romance heating up, and her divorce finally behind her, Jane Adler has her life all figured out, until she finds herself trapped between the perfect new beau and her philandering ex-husband who's determined to win her back. When opposites attract all over again, will love be sweeter the second time around? It's ... complicated!
- DVD 10398
- Still Alice
- Alice Howland, happily married with three grown children, is a renowned linguistics professor who starts to forget words. When she receives a diagnosis of Early-Onset Alzheimer's Disease, Alice and her family find their bonds thoroughly tested. Her struggle to stay connected to who she once was is frightening, heartbreaking, and inspiring.
- DVD 10997
- Nancy Botwin is a soccer mom who had to learn how to deal - pot, that is - after the death of her husband. Now, her business is a hit. But keeping up with the neighbors in this suburban utopia isn't easy. She is joined up with a few of her closest friends, and together they face life's ups and downs - because even in paradise, nobody's perfect.
- DVD 5888
- Nancy Botwin is a soccer mom who had to learn how to deal - pot, that is - after the death of her husband. Now, her business is a hit and she finds she may be in over her head.
- DVD 5889