Films & Other Videos
Films with: Ochoa, Jesús
- Entre Pancho Villa y una mujer desnuda Between Pancho Villa and a naked woman /
- "A funny and thoughtful look at the changing nature of gender roles, Entre Pancho Villa y una mujer desnuda (Between Pancho Villa and a naked woman) follows a couple with amusingly different ideas about what makes for a healthy intimate relationship. Concerned that the years are passing her by, Gina looks for a commitment from her longtime boyfriend Adrian. Angered by his refusal to marry, and fed up with his sexist attitudes, she takes a younger and more sensitive man as her lover. Adrian, however, will not surrender his woman or his antiquated ways of thinking. Channeling the spirit of Pancho Villa himself, he tries to fully embrace his machismo and win back the passion of Gina."--Container.
- DVD 12903
- Ley de Herodes Herod's law /
- The tiny town of San Pedro de los Saguaros needs a new Mayor, as the populace has assassinated several. As a reward for his party loyalty, the ruling governor gives hapless junk dealer Damián Alcázar the post. An honest if idealistic man, Vargas arrives with his beautiful, ambitious wife Gloria. Picked for his stupidity, he quickly discovers that bribes, blackmail, gratuitous fines, and other abuses of authority are the only way to get things done, and soon transforms himself from ineffectual stooge to paragon of corruption--or, a successful politician. Along the way, he encounters a surly madam, a moralizing doctor, a mercenary priest, and an opportunistic gringo. He justifies his actions with a motto learned from his party leader, who quotes Herod's Law, which is (if somewhat reworded), "Either you screw them or you get screwed."
- DVD 10054
- Sangre de mi sangre Blood of my blood /
- A young man travelling to New York City from Mexico to search for his father is robbed of his identity by another man that travelled with him, in the hopes of claiming the man's wealthy father as his own.
- DVD 6427
- Sin dejar huella
- The story of two women on the run: one a Spanish dealer in ersatz Mayan relics, the other a young mother who has run away from her drug dealer boyfriend and who hopes to build a better life for her two children. The two women ultimately form a bond of solidarity and camaraderie that is put to the test when both a border officer and the boyfriend catch up with them.
- DVD 3055
- Voces inocentes Innocent voices /
- In war torn 1980's El Salvador, Chava, an eleven-year-old boy, suddenly becomes the 'man of the house' in a time when the government's army is forcibly recruiting children for civil war. As his single mother fights to protect her children, their village becomes both playground and battlefield. This is about life, love, the hope of peace, and the ennobling power of the human spirit. Based on a true story.
- DVD 6295