Films & Other Videos
Films with: Nakazawa, Toshiaki
- Hara-kiri Death of a samurai /
- "An tale of revenge, honor and disgrace, centering on a poverty-stricken samurai who discovers the fate of his ronin son-in-law, setting in motion a tense showdown of vengeance against the house of a feudal lord."--IMDb.com
- DVD 9971
- Katakurike no kof̄uku Happiness of the Katakuris /
- Black comedy about a modern dysfunctional family and their shared dream of opening an inn in the country.
- DVD 1034
- Mifune the last samurai : a documentary about Toshiro Mifune /
- A new film by Academy Award-winning filmmaker Steven Okazaki explores the accidental movie career of Toshiro Mifune, one of the true giants of world cinema. Mifune made sixteen remarkable films with director Akira Kurosawa during the Golden Age of Japanese Cinema. Together they thrilled audiences and influenced filmmaking around the world, providing direct inspiration for The Magnificent Seven and Sergio Leone and Clint Eastwood's breakthrough, A Fistful of Dollars.
- DVD 12225
- Okuribito Departures /
- Daigo Kobayashi is a devoted cellist in an orchestra that has just been dissolved and finds himself without a job. He decides to move back to his old hometown with his wife to look for work and start over. He answers a classified ad entitled 'Departures' thinking it is an advertisement for a travel agency. He discovers that the job is actually for a 'Nokanshi' or 'encoffineer,' a funeral professional who prepares deceased bodies for burial and entry into the next life. While his wife and others despise the job, Daigo takes a certain pride in his work and begins to perfect the art, acting as a gentle gatekeeper between life and death, between the departed and the family of the departed.
- DVD 7197