Films & Other Videos
Films with: Murphy, John
- Everybody knows ... Elizabeth Murray
- "Everybody Knows...Elizabeth Murray is an intimate portrait of the groundbreaking artist Elizabeth Murray. This film explores the relationship between Murray's family life and career, and reconsiders her place in contemporary art history. Verité footage, home videos and excerpts from her journals, voiced by Meryl Streep, tell of Murray's internal struggles and incredible ambition. Exclusive interviews with art world luminaries provide the historical backdrop for the New York art scene."--Film website.
- DVD 12179
- Guess who
- Percy Jones is the understandably proud father of Theresa. She is a beautiful and intelligent young woman living in New York City. When Percy learns that his daughter is seriously dating a young man, he decides to do some research, and learns that her beau is a solid businessman. Percy arranges to meet Theresa's boyfriend and is a bit taken aback when he meets Simon. Percy never guessed that his daughter was involved in an interracial relationship. When it becomes clear that Simon and Theresa's relationship is likely to be altar-bound, Percy finds himself suddenly full of misgivings about the young man.
- DVD 7720
- In the suburbs of Dublin, more than a dozen strangers find their paths colliding in sometimes violent, sometimes absurd ways. When the desperately insecure and emotionally inarticulate John breaks up with Deirdre to 'give her a little test' his plan backfires leaving her broken-hearted and him alone and miserable. Through chance and coincidence, their break-up triggers a roller coaster ride of interweaving escapades in the lives of everyone around them.
- DVD 3887
- The story of Liam, a seven-year-old boy growing up in Liverpool during the 1930s. As he prepares for his First Communion, young Liam tries to make sense of the complex and unsettled world around him, a world that is about to change forever due to economic, political and social upheaval.
- DVD 1355
- The United Kingdom decides to convert to the Euro in seven days. For the Irish criminal world, it's the biggest opportunity as there ever was. When a railway heist goes wrong and an enormous bag of money falls from the sky into the hands of Damian and Anthony, there's only one thing the two can do, spend it like there's no tomorrow. But Damian and Anthony have differing views on what to do with the money. What they both discover is that money can cause lots of problems.
- DVD 4335