Films & Other Videos
Films with: Mühe, Ulrich
- When a newly commissioned SS Lieutenant witnesses the chemical disinfectant he's helped perfect being used to systematically murder interred Jews, he knows he must act. The only sympathetic ear he finds is a young priest with ties to the Vatican. As the two unlikely allies fight to reveal the truth to the Church and world, they discover that a man of conscience can commit treason and a man of God can commit heresy in order to thwart genocide.
- DVD 2520
- Funny games ein film /
- "Michael Haneke's controversial thriller watches an affluent couple, their child and dog as they arrive at their lakeside vacation home. Settling into their holiday routine, the family is visited by a pair of clean-cut young men in tennis whites and gloves, who inexplicably turn ruthless and brutal, forcing the family into playing their 'funny games.'"--Container.
- DVD 749
- Leben der Anderen the Lives of others /
- A 1984 East Berlin simple surveillance assignment: Capt. Gerd Wiesler, a Stasi officer and a specialist in surveillance, has been assigned to keep an eye on Georg Dreyman, a respected playwright, and his actress girlfriend, Christa-Maria Sieland. Though Dreyman is known to associate with blacklisted director Albert Jerska, a known dissident, Dreyman's record is spotless. Wiesler discovers that Minister Hempf has an ulterior motive in spying on this seemingly upright citizen. Wiesler's sympathies shift from the government to its people - or at least to this one particular person.
- DVD 890
- Schloss The castle /
- K. arrives at an isolated village to take up his position as a land surveyor for officials at the Castle. No one will confirm or deny his appointment, and his attempts to approach and appeal to Castle officials are met with indifference, obstinacy, and bureaucratic red tape. K. has status but no position, two dolts for assistants, the forlorn barmaid Frieda as a fiancée, and arguments with everyone. An icy blizzard blows unendingly, immeasurable time passes, and K. trudges repeatedly back and forth, waiting for the smallest scrap of information or news from the Castle, that they have need of him, or at least recognition of his existence.
- DVD 7381