Films & Other Videos
Films with: Milo, Sandra
- 8 1/2
- Fellini's autobiographical film about a famous film director who loses his inspiration in the midst of making a film.
- DVD 1601
- Adua e le compagne Adua and her friends /
- A wonderful example of Italian realism, this film tells the story of four prostitutes forced to fend for themselves when a new law closes the bordellos of Rome. They pool their savings to open a trattoria, but find they cannot get a license. A prominent fixer with connections obtains the license for them, on the condition that they conduct their old business upstairs and pay him an exorbitant monthly fee.
- DVD 9101
- Classe tous risques
- After hiding out in Milan for nearly a decade, former gang boss Abel Davos sneaks back into Paris, along with his children and appointed guardian, Eric Stark. Beset by backstabbing former friends, Abel begins a journey through the postwar Parisian underworld that is both throat grabbing and soul searching. A character study of a career criminal at the end of his rope.
- DVD 6694
- Generale della Rovere
- During wartime in Genoa, an opportunist tries to cheat his fellow countrymen, until the Nazis force him to pretend to be a deceased general to get information from fellow inmates.
- DVD 13072
- Giulietta degli spiriti Juliet of the spirits /
- When she suspects her husband of infidelity, a housewife unleashes an unconscious ripe with erotic fantasies. In this film, Fellini's first feature-length color film, his examination of the sexual psyche unfolds via the surrealistic use of abrupt cut-aways to illustrate the woman' sexual fantasies.
- DVD 740