Films & Other Videos
Films with: Marsalis, Branford
- Eve's bayou
- Roz Batiste is a beautiful and dedicated mother of three, who is forced to admit that her family is falling apart due to her philandering husband Louis. Her younger daughter, Eve, witnesses one of her father's infidelities. Struggling to make sense of what she has seen, Eve turns to her older sister Cisely, who dismisses her in fear of the truth, and then to her Aunt Mozelle, a known psychic and rumored black widow. Unable to find the understanding she is looking for Eve decides to take matters into her own hands. For the Batiste family, the ties that bind may not be strong enough to keep them together, and what they learn will change their lives forever.
- DVD 191
- Everyday sunshine the story of Fishbone /
- Fishbone rose to become one of the most original bands of the last 25 years. With a blistering combination of punk and funk, they demolished the walls of genre and challenged the racial stereotypes and political order of the music industry and the nation.
- DVD 11060
- Immortal life of Henrietta Lacks
- "The film tells the story of Henrietta Lacks, an African-American woman whose cells were used without her consent to create the first immortal human cell line. Told through the eyes of her daughter, Deborah Lacks (Winfrey), the film chronicles her search, along with journalist Rebecca Skloot (Byrne), to learn about the mother she never knew and understand how the unauthorized harvesting of Lacks' cancerous cells in 1951 led to unprecedented medical breakthroughs, changing countless lives and the face of medicine forever."--Container.
- DVD 12095