Films & Other Videos
Films with: Marais, Jean
- Beauty and the beast La belle et la bête /
- Dramatized adaptation of the classic fairy tale. Tells the fable of the kindly beast and the self-sacrificing beauty whose love releases the prince in him. Contains such visual displays as tears that become real diamonds and walls that grow arms to light Beauty's path through the castle of the Beast.
- DVD 775
- Belle et la bête Beauty and the beast /
- Tells the fable of the kindly beast and the self-sacrificing beauty whose love releases the prince in him. Contains such visual displays as tears that become real diamonds and walls that grow arms to light Beauty's path through the castle of the Beast.
- DVD 3364
- Elena et les hommes Elena and her men : une fantaisie musicale /
- Ingrid Bergman plays a beautiful, impoverished Polish princess in turn-of-the-century Paris. Having sold her last pearl to pay the rent, Princess Elena accepts a marriage proposal from a wealthy suitor for reasons of finance rather than love. Sis also a woman who may have the future of France in her hands-- a famous general has fallen in love with her, and politicians believe they can use her to convince the general to take control of the government.
- DVD 3399
- Jean Cocteau turns the Orpheus legend into a story of a poet and his encounter with death and the middle world.
- DVD 1133
- Stealing beauty
- A nineteen year old girl spends the summer in Italy, determined to fulfill two dreams. The first, to consummate the romance with the Italian boy she fell in love with four years earlier, and the second, to discover the identity of her father through clues in her mother's diary.
- DVD 1622
- Testament d'Orpheé, ou, Ne me demandez pas pourquoi Testament of Orpheus, or, Do not ask me why /
- In his last film Cocteau portrays an 18th century poet who travels through time on a quest for divine wisdom. In a mysterious wasteland, he meets several symbolic phantoms that bring about his death and resurrection. The film finished the circle of the journey begun in Blood of a Poet, exploring the torturous relationship between the artist and his creations.
- DVD 1134