Films & Other Videos
Films with: Malick, Terrence
- Set in South Dakota in 1959, this is the story of Kit and his girlfriend Holly, two people alienated from everyday life, who go on a killing spree.
- DVD 82
- Days of heaven
- A moving story about two men who love the same woman. A fugitive from the slums of Chicago finds himself pitted against a shy, rich Texan for the love of Abby.
- DVD 158
- Biography of long-distance runner Haile Gebrselassie. Traces his life from his childhood in Ethiopia to his gold medal performance at the Atlanta Olympics.
- DVD 6074
- Look & see a portrait of Wendell Berry /
- "In 1965, Wendell Berry returned home to Henry County, where he bought a small farm house and began a life of farming, writing and teaching. This lifelong relationship with the land and community would come to form the core of his prolific writings. A half century later Henry County, like many rural communities across America, has become a place of quiet ideological struggle. In the span of a generation, the agrarian virtues of simplicity, land stewardship, sustainable farming, local economies and rootedness to place have been replaced by a capital-intensive model of industrial agriculture characterized by machine labor, chemical fertilizers, soil erosion and debt--all of which have frayed the fabric of rural communities. Writing from a long wooden desk beneath a forty-paned window, Berry has watched this struggle unfold, becoming one of its most passionate and eloquent voices in defense of agrarian life. Filmed across four seasons in the farming cycle, Look & see blends observational scenes of farming life, interviews with farmers and community members with evocative, carefully framed shots of the surrounding landscape. Thus, in the spirit of Berry's agrarian philosophy, Henry County itself will emerge as a character in the film--a place and a landscape that is deeply interdependent with the people that inhabit it"--Two Birds Film WWW site
- DVD 13480
- New world
- Set amidst the first encounter of European and Native American cultures during the founding of the Jamestown Virginia settlement in 1607. Tell the classic tale of Pocahontas and her relationships with adventurer John Smith and aristocrat John Rolfe. This woman's journey of love lost and found again takes her from the untouched beauty of the Virginia wilderness to the upper crust of English society as we witness the dawn of a new America.
- DVD 4639
- Thin red line
- This adaptation of the novel by James Jones is a realistic view of military and moral chaos in the Pacific during World War II.
- DVD 1211
- To the wonder
- Neil is an American traveling in Europe who meets and falls in love with Marina. After visiting Mont Saint-Michel, Marina and Neil come to Oklahoma, where problems arise. Marina meets a priest and fellow exile, who is struggling with his vocation, while Neil renews his ties with a childhood friend, Jane.
- DVD 10357
- Tree of life
- The impressionistic story of a Texas family in the 1950s. The film follows the life journey of the eldest son, Jack, through the innocence of childhood to his disillusioned adult years as he tries to reconcile a complicated relationship with his father.
- DVD 8433
- John Munn and his two sons live on a solitary farm in rural Georgia. When John's ex-convict brother stops in for a visit, their lives all change for the worst.
- DVD 8303
- "The American Dream of owning a house with white picket fence goes head-to-head with environmental sustainability... When an ambitious real estate developer sets out to transform thousands of acres of pristine hill country in Austin, Texas into a suburban development - threatening a nearby natural spring - the community fights back. In the conflict that ensues, we see in miniature a struggle that is playing out in cities and towns across the country" -- Container.
- DVD 7068