Films & Other Videos
Films with: Magimel, Benoît
- Enfants du siècle Children of the century /
- A biographical history of the love affair between George Sand and Alfred de Musset that scandalized their families, friends and the salons of Paris in nineteenth century France.
- DVD 6283
- Fleur du mal The flower of evil /
- The story of a seemingly perfect family, whose distinguished facade starts to crack when the wife ventures into local politics. On the eve of the election, a corpse appears, and the long dormant seeds of past family crime begin to bloom.
- DVD 2928
- For a woman
- After her mother's death, Anne discovers old photos and letters that convince her to take a closer look at the life of her parents. Soon, Anne's research into their Jewish history reveals the existence of a mysterious uncle. As she gradually closes in on the discovery she didn't know she was looking for, her father grows ill, and may take the secret that kept them apart for so long to his grave.
- DVD 10700
- "In this riveting study of the dynamics of control, Academy Award-winning director Michael Haneke takes on Nobel laureate Elfriede Jelinek's controversial 1983 novel about perverse female sexuality and the world of classical music ... Erika [is] a piano professor at a Viennese conservatory who lives with her mother in a claustrophobically codependent relationship. Severely repressed, she satisfies her masochistic urges only voyeuristically until she meets Walter, a student whose desire for Erika leads to a destructive infatuation that upsets the careful equilibrium of her life."--Container.
- DVD 3018
- Roi danse The King is dancing /
- Historical drama about Louis XIV of France, centering on his passion for dance and music. The shy heir to the throne has his destiny altered when musician Jean-Baptiste Lully and the famed playwright Molière enter his life. Recognizing the young king's talent for dance, they compose and stage ballets that glorify Louis' image. The film includes many recreations of dance, drama, and opera of the era.
- DVD 3747