Films & Other Videos
Films with: Jones, Bill T.
- Bill T. Jones dancing to the Promised Land /
- Built around rehearsal and performance of his epic masterpiece "Last Supper at Uncle Tom's Cabin/The Promised Land", this film takes a look at Bill T. Jones' life and work.
- DVD 9121
- Black is-- black ain't a personal journey through black identity /
- American culture has stereotyped black Americans for centuries. Equally devastating, the late Marlon Riggs argued, have been the definitions of "blackness" African Americans impose upon one another which contain and reduce the black experience. In this film, Riggs meets a cross-section of African Americans grappling with the paradox of numerous, often contradictory definitions of blackness. He shows many who have felt uncomfortable and even silenced within the race because their complexion, class, sexuality, gender or speech has rendered them "not black enough," or conversely, "too black."
- DVD 8988
- Universe of Keith Haring
- Christina Clausen's documentary offers an affectionate, deeply personal glimpse into Haring's life, from his early years growing up in a small, conservative Pennsylvania town to his heyday as a world-renowned artist, rubbing shoulders with the likes of Madonna and others.
- DVD 7542