Films & Other Videos
Films with: Jaubert, Maurice
- When Juliette marries Jean, she comes to live with him aboard the barge "L'Atalante", where they travel along the Seine River. The bride, becomes bored and leaves the ship for Paris where she starts flirting with other men.
- DVD 1981
- Complete Jean Vigo
- 'Even among cinema's greatest legends, Jean Vigo stands alone. The son of a notorious anarchist, Vigo had a brief but brilliant career making poetic, lightly surrealist films before his life was cut tragically short by tuberculosis at age twenty-nine. Like the daring early works of his contemporaries Jean Cocteau and Luis Buñuel, Vigo's films refused to play by the rules. This set includes all of Vigo's titles' -- Container. À propos de Nice: What starts off as a conventional travelogue turnes into a satirical portrait of the town of Nice on the French Côte d'azur, and its wealthy inhabitants. Taris: A short documentary about the swimmer Jean Taris, notable for Vigo's innovative techniques Zéro de conduite: In a repressive boarding school with rigid schools of behavior, four boys decide to rebel against the administration on a celebration day. L'Atalante: When Juliette marries Jean, she comes to live on his ship, on board of which are, besides the two of them, only a cabin boy and the strange old second mate Père Jules. Soon bored by life on the river, Juliette slips off to explore the nightlife when they come to Paris. Angered by this, Jean sets off, leaving Juliette behind. Overcome by grief and longing for his wife, Jean falls into a depression and Père Jules goes and tries to find Juliette.
- DVD 10242
- Drôle de drame
- A quiet botanist is the secret author of a popular crime novel. His peaceful existence is threatened when a crazed fan vows to kill the author of "The model crime." The convoluted plot involves a group of Victorian Englishmen who get so enmeshed in lies and disguises, murders and supposed murders, intrigues and romances, that Scotland Yard and the participants themselves are confused.
- DVD 2349
- Quai des brumes Port of shadows /
- Down a foggy, desolate road to the port city of Le Havre travels Jean, an army deserter looking for another chance to make good in life. Fate, however, has a different plan for him, as both acts of revenge and kindness render him front-page news. Portrays an underworld of lonely souls wrestling with their own destinies.
- DVD 3197