Films & Other Videos
Films with: Jacobson, Nora
- Freedom & unity : the Vermont movie : one state, many visions /
- "Freedom & Unity: The Vermont Movie is a six-part collaborative documentary produced by several dozen Vermont-based filmmakers. Using cinema verite, personal stories, rare footage, compelling interviews and original re-enactments they've created a living testament that explores the history and contemporary culture of the Green Mountain State. Vermonters past and present -- from Abenakis and early settlers, runaway slaves, farmers, historians, politicians, activists, newcomers moving 'back to the land' -- tell how one small state has made a very big difference." -- Insert.
- DVD 10212
- My mother's early lovers
- A young woman explores her mother's past and uncovers a secret at the heart of her family's history. Based on an autobiographical memoir, the film suggests that the truth--no matter how painful--provides a path to redemption.
- DVD 11342
- Nothing like dreaming
- A film about a fire artist and a troubled teenage girl in rural Vermont. In their fortuitous encounter, forged by fire, he makes peace with the past and she takes control of her destiny. Together they build a mysterious musical instrument that provides a path to their healing.
- DVD 11345
- Tremors in the system the help you need vs. the help you get /
- "Tremors in The System does what excellent films do best - it helps us understand by inspiring us to feel the struggles and the emotions that are portrayed on screen. The viewer is exposed to the frustrations of being a person living with an extensive psychiatric history who is unable to attain credibility despite all her attempts to communicate her very genuine concerns."
- DVD 11343