Films & Other Videos
- 42 the Jackie Robinson story /
- History was made in 1947, when Jackie Robinson broke the professional baseball race barrier to become the first African American MLB player of the modern era. 42 tells the life story of Robinson and his history-making signing with the Brooklyn Dodgers under the guidance of team executive Branch Rickey.
- DVD 9782
- Black or white
- The story of a grandfather who is suddenly left to care for his beloved granddaughter, but when her paternal grandmother seeks custody with the help of her brother, the little girl is torn between two families who love her deeply. With the best intentions at heart, both families fight for what they feel is right and are soon forced to confront their true feelings about race, forgiveness, and understanding.
- DVD 11035
- Castle Rock.
- A psychological horror series set in the Stephen King multiverse, it is an original story that combines the mythological scale and intimate character storytelling of King's best-loved works, weaving an epic saga of darkness and light, played out on a few square miles of Maine woodland. The fictional Maine town of Castle Rock has figured prominently in King's literary career: Cujo, The Dark Half, IT and Needful Things, as well as novella The Body and numerous short stories such as Rita Hayworth and The Shawshank Redemption are either set there or contain references to Castle Rock.
- DVD 12992
- Set in downtown New York in 1900, the Knickerbocker Hospital faces a major upheaval due to poor finances and an exodus of wealthy patients. The one remaining star is Dr. Thackeray, who along with the hospital staff of surgeons, nurses and other personnel must struggle to keep both themselves and the hospital going.
- DVD 11085
- Miguel 'Sugar' Santos is a talented Dominican baseball player who longs to break into the American big league and earn the money needed to support his impoverished family. He is a talented pitcher who might just have what it takes to earn a prized spot on a Major League Baseball team. Before that happens he'll have to prove his worth in the minor leagues. Advancing in baseball's minor league system at the tender age of 19, Miguel is warmly welcomed into the small-town Iowa home of his host family. He struggles with language and cultural barriers despite the kindness of strangers. Subsequently forced to reevaluate his life's ambition after his once-trusty arm becomes unreliable. The previously single-minded pitcher gradually begins to question both the world he lives in and the role he has chosen to play in it.
- DVD 6911