Films & Other Videos
Films with: Hockney, David
- Behind the scenes [the complete series] /
- Focuses on the creative process behind the visual and performing arts. Goes behind the scenes with renowned artists and performers, covering fields of painting, drawing, sculpture, photography, music, dance and theater.
- DVD 8629
- David Hockney's secret knowledge
- Investigation of how early painters used simple cameras to capture realistic images--400 years before the invention of the photograph. Examines works by Jan Van Eyck, Vermeer, Holbein, Caravaggio and Velázquez. Demonstrates methods using camera lucida, camera obscura and convex mirrors.
- DVD 2296
- Day on the Grand Canal with the emperor of China or, Surface is illusion but so is depth /
- World famous artist David Hockney invites the viewer to join him on a magical journey down a 72-foot-long 17th-century Chinese scroll. Hockney traces the Emperor Kangxi's grand tour of his southern domains. As Hockney compares this masterpiece to a Canaletto painting, he teaches us the differences between Western and Eastern artistic perspective.
- DVD 11996
- Tim's Vermeer
- Tim Jenison, a Texas-based inventor, attempts to solve one of the greatest mysteries in all art: How did seventeenth century Dutch Master Johannes Vermeer manage to paint so photo-realistically, 150 years before the invention of photography? Spanning ten years, his adventure takes him to Delft, Holland, where Vermeer painted his masterpieces, to the north coast of Yorkshire to meet artist David Hockney, and even to Buckingham Palace to see a Vermeer masterpiece in the collection of the Queen.
- DVD 10473
- A young man is enlisted to rescue the Queen of the Night's daughter from a sorcerer.
- DVD 6147