Films & Other Videos
Films with: Higgins, John Michael
- Best in show
- A comic look at dog show participants (and the pooches who love them).
- DVD 1969
- ESL English as a second language /
- A stranger in a strange land, Bolivar De La Cruz has just crossed the border from Mexico in search of a better life. In contrast, restless, club-hopping second-generation immigrant Lola has the American Dream at her fingertips but feels like a stranger in her own life, forever caught between appeasing her old-world mother and following her heart. On the surface, despite their shared ethnic heritage, Bolivar and Lola have little in common. But when their lives unexpectedly and violently intersect, these two people from very different sides of the same culture find themselves on a collision course with events that will charnge their lives forever.
- DVD 8072
- For your consideration
- No-name actors are making a low-budget period drama called "Home for Purim," when an anonymous post on the Internet suggests that one performance is Oscar-worthy. Then, two more cast members get Oscar-related press: buzz in "Variety" and appearances on TV prompt the studio executives to insist on changes in the script in anticipation of a blockbuster. Jump ahead a few months to the days before Oscar nominees are announced: just the possibility of a nomination has changed the actors' lives.
- DVD 6484
- Legend of Korra the complete series /
- This follow-up series to "Avatar: The Last Airbender" is set 70 years after the events of "Avatar" and follows Korra, the next Avatar after Aang, who is from the Southern Water Tribe. With earth, water and fire under her belt, Korra must master the art of airbending. Korra's quest leads her to Republic City, a virtual melting pot where benders and nonbenders live together. But she soon discovers that the land is plagued by crime and a growing antibending revolution that threatens to tear the city apart. While dealing with the dangers, Korra begins her airbending training under the tutelage of Aang's son, Tenzin.
- DVD 12718
- Mighty wind
- In this mock-documentary, three folk groups from the 60's--Mitch and Mickey, the Folksmen, and the New Main Street Singers--reunite for a memorial concert in New York City following the death of a legendary folk manager.
- DVD 3008