Films & Other Videos
Films with: Heiduschka, Veit
- 71 Fragmente einer Chronologie des Zufalls 71 fragments of a chronology of chance /
- "A meticulous depiction of the numbing and normalizing effects of television" -- container.
- DVD 5505
- Augenblick Freiheit
- This film centers two young Iranian men, who try to bring their cousins, Asy (7) and Arman(5) from Iran to Turkey in order to join their parents in Austria. Waiting for the visa in Ankara, they share their life with other refugees. A film based on true stories about a group of refugees trying desparately to reach the holy land of freedom.
- DVD 13429
- Caché Hidden /
- A talk show host and his wife and son seem to be living an ideal life until clandestinely-filmed videotapes of their private lives start to show up on their front porch. As the tapes reveal more secrets, the resulting stress and fear leads to conflict, obsession, and deceit for the couple and brings back episodes from the husband's childhood when he wronged a young Algerian boy.
- DVD 5448
- Funny games ein film /
- "Michael Haneke's controversial thriller watches an affluent couple, their child and dog as they arrive at their lakeside vacation home. Settling into their holiday routine, the family is visited by a pair of clean-cut young men in tennis whites and gloves, who inexplicably turn ruthless and brutal, forcing the family into playing their 'funny games.'"--Container.
- DVD 749
- "In this riveting study of the dynamics of control, Academy Award-winning director Michael Haneke takes on Nobel laureate Elfriede Jelinek's controversial 1983 novel about perverse female sexuality and the world of classical music ... Erika [is] a piano professor at a Viennese conservatory who lives with her mother in a claustrophobically codependent relationship. Severely repressed, she satisfies her masochistic urges only voyeuristically until she meets Walter, a student whose desire for Erika leads to a destructive infatuation that upsets the careful equilibrium of her life."--Container.
- DVD 3018
- Siebente Kontinent : The seventh continent /
- Georg and his wife Anna realize how monotonous and isolated their lives are when their daughter Eva, in a desperate attempt to get attention, suddenly pretends to be blind. The family decides to break with their routine and plans to emigrate to Australia. This film is a stark look at lives severed from feelings.
- DVD 5506