Films & Other Videos
Films with: Haugse, William
- Naked in ashes
- "The bearers of a 7,000 year old legacy, the yogis give up everything to seek self-realization. A young boy undergoes a secret initiation. On pilgrimage through the Himalayas, he journeys to the holiest festival on earth"--Publisher's website.
- DVD 5806
- No impact man
- Colin Beavan is a New York City writer and self-proclaimed liberal. He has big plans for his new book. He decides on a grand experiment: to live one year with as little impact on the environment as possible. The problem is, the project requires his wife Michelle, an espresso-guzzling, Prada-worshipping business writer, and their young daughter to be fully on board. The family embarks on a year of no electricity, television, cars, toilet paper, elevators, or newspapers.
- DVD 4390
- Sunset story
- "Sunset Story is a funny and intimate documentary that will make you think differently about growing old. It tells the story of Irja (81) and Lucille (95), two friends at a rest home for retired radicals. As they attend demonstrations, register their fellow residents to vote and debate everything under the sun, Irja and Lucille's verve and humor delight us. Sunset Story doesn't shy away from the sadness of old age; it reveals two elderly women's lives in an unusually authentic and surprisingly moving way"--Container.
- DVD 8401
- Television window to the world /
- This feature chronicles the incredible story of television, from the vision of Philo Farnsworth, a Utah farmboy who developed the first working system in 1925, to the latest technological breakthroughs that are transforming the medium. Interviews with media moguls and TV personalities, including legendary anchorman, Walter Cronkite provide an insider's look at the huge industry TV has become. And broadcast pioneers recall the patent battles and competing systems that defined the early years of television.
- DVD 5881
- Unprecedented the 2000 presidential election /
- The riveting story about the battle for the presidency in Florida and the undermining of democracy in America. What emerges is a disturbing picture of an election marred by suspicious irregularities, electoral injustices, and sinister voter purges in a state governed by the winning candidate's brother.
- DVD 9228