Films & Other Videos
Films with: Harada, Mieko
- Duel tale = Hatashiai /
- "[Veteran] actor Nakadai Tatsuya [...] gives the performance of a lifetime as Shoji Sanosuke, an elderly samurai forced to pick up his sword to protect those he loves in this adaptation of a Fujisawa Shūhei novel. As a Heya-zumi' - essentially a freeloader living off his family - Sanosuke has one last chance to help his grandniece escape from the cruel samurai of an arranged marriage. Winner of the Gold World Medal at the New York Festival, this heartfelt tale is a thing of rare beauty."--Container.
- DVD 13438
- Eno nakano bokuno nura Village of dreams /
- A nostalgic tale of twin boys' daily life in a small village of Japan in 1940's. Based on the account of popular children's book artist, Seizo Tajima and his twin borther Yukihiko Tajima, who is also an artist.
- DVD 662
- In 16th century Japan, an aging ruler attempts to divide his kingdom among his three sons, who turn against each other and betray their father, triggering events that ultimately shatter the kingdom, destroy the family, and drive their father insane.
- DVD 708
- An aging warlord decides to split his kingdom between his three sons, who will live in three separate castles. The two eldest sons are quite happy, but the youngest thinks his father has gone mad, and predicts that it won't be long until the two older brothers are fighting with each other.
- DVD 4690