Films & Other Videos
Films with: Han, Sanping
- Na shan na ren na gou Postmen in the mountains /
- In southern China, a rural postman shows his son, the new postman, the mail route to small mountain villages.
- DVD 4245
- Nanjing! Nanjing!
- On December 9, 1937, the Imperial Japanese Army laid siege to the Chinese capital of Nanking, beginning a reign of terror that killed as many as 300,000 civilians, an infamous tragedy now referred to as the Rape of Nanking. The first big-budget fiction film by the Chinese to deal with the seminal event in their modern history, City of Life and Death is a visceral, heartbreaking portrait of life during wartime, and an unforgettable masterpiece of contemporary world cinema.
- DVD 8492
- Painted veil
- Set in the 1920s. A young English couple, Walter a middle class doctor and Kitty, an upper-class woman, get married for all the wrong reasons and relocate to Shanghai. Kitty falls in love with someone else. When Walter discovers her infidelity, in an act of vengeance, he accepts a job in a remote village in China that is being ravaged by a deadly epidemic. He takes his wife along and their journey brings meaning to their relationship and gives them purpose in one of the most remote and beautiful places on earth.
- DVD 386
- Roaring across the horizon Heng kong chu shi /
- The story of China's race to develop the atomic bomb.
- DVD 3128