Films & Other Videos
Films with: Hamilton, Victoria
- The British Empire is in decline, the political world is in disarray, and a young woman takes the throne... a new era is dawning. Queen Elizabeth II is a 25-year-old newlywed faced with the daunting prospect of leading the world's most famous monarchy while forging a relationship with legendary Prime Minister Sir Winston Churchill.
- DVD 12460
- Season two follows Queen Elizabeth through the late 1950s and early '60s as she struggles to navigate a world that's changing around her. She must face the challenges of a new era, from the Suez Canal crisis to the assassination of John F. Kennedy, while preserving both the monarchy and her marriage.
- DVD 12879
- King Lear
- Based on the 1997 Royal National Theatre production, widely considered the finest staging of King Lear in the past decade, Ian Holm 'touches greatness' (N.Y. Times) in Shakespeare's most sublime and difficult role.
- DVD 3570
- Lark Rise to Candleford.
- Sees the arrival of a dashing and elegant stranger in Candleford. Rich, enterprising, worldly and without a wife, James Dowland is a successful businessman with a string of London hotels and has come to transform Candleford and bring it new prosperity. But not everyone welcomes his entrepreneurial efforts and it isn't long before he is sparring with the spirited yet suddenly flustered Dorcas.
- DVD 9272
- Victoria & Albert
- Vol. 1. "Kept isolated from the court by her domineering mother, Victoria seems unprepared for the throne when King William IV dies. But the teenage queen shows surprising strength and resolve, defying her mother's schemes to seize power, and puts her full faith in the political counsel of Lord Melbourne, the Prime Minister."--Container. Vol. 2. "The changing political fortunes of Lord Melbourne finally afford Albert the opportunity to become involved in the affairs of state - a role Victoria had previously resisted."--Container.
- DVD 3331